Bed rails manufactured and sold by Mobility Transfer Systems, Inc. from 1992 to 2021, and Metal Tubing USA Inc. in 2021 and 2022, pose potential risk of harm to those who use them.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) recommends that consumers stop using Mobility Transfer Systems adult portable beds. CPSC notes that the product posses a risk of entrapment hazard, risk of serious injury, or death. Unfortunately, at least three people have died because of these bedrails. Despite the risk to the most vulnerable consumers, both companies have failed to recall the bed rails.
The models that consumers should stop using are:
- Freedom Grip (model 501)
- Freedom Grip Plus (model 502)
- Freedom Grip Travel (model 505)
- Reversible Slant Rail (model 600)
- Transfer Handle (model 2025)
- Easy Adjustable (model 2500)
- 30-Inch Security Bed Rail, single-sided (model 5075)
- 30-Inch Security Bed Rail – Extra Tall, single-sided (model 5075T)
- 30-Inch Security Bed Rail, double-sided (model 5085)
- 30-Inch Security Bed Rail – Extra Tall, double-sided (model 5085T)
Did you or someone you know purchase one of these bedrails? If so, please contact us immediately to discuss your legal options. The attorneys at Finkelstein, Blankinship, Frei-Pearson & Garber, LLP have successfully prosecuted numerous consumer protection actions and we look forward to discussing this matter with you.